Our top tip: With the Summer JOKER CARD, unlimited use of up to 6 mountain railways and access to many attractions is free of charge.
Family Holidays in Summer
Action and relaxation for all the family in Salzburger Land
Here at The Resi we know that family holidays are a fine balance of action and adventure for kids and rest and relaxation for parents. That is why we aim to combine the best of both worlds by offering plenty to see, do and enjoy for guests of all ages. Children and teenagers will have a great time exploring our garden as well as hiking and biking in the mountains. Adults will also appreciate the option of using the spa and sauna at our partner Gartenhotel Theresia. Sounds good?
We offer supervised childcare in our hotel garden with activities including picking berries, playing together and baking saltdough. The kids can then splash around in the pool while Mum and Dad lie back and enjoy the sun..
Outdoor pool at The Resi
Our pools are not only set in the beautiful surroundings of our hotel garden but also use the exceptionally soft water that flows from two springs near our hotel. In line with our commitment to protect the environment we use minimum chlorine.
The water in our pools is also treated using the Grander technique aimed at protecting the natural pH level of the skin. This makes it ideal for adults and children with sensitive skin.
- Outdoor adventure pool
- Children's pool in the garden with slide
- Indoor swimming pool
- Garden whirlpool
Adventure playground in Theresia's mountain jungle
Our NEW designed children's playground is located in the middle of nature and extends over 4 levels. With its attractions, it is unique and not only makes children's hearts leap for joy, but also those of their parents. The playground is situated directly in our mountain jungle and fun & adventures are the order of the day. Countless highlights are just waiting to be explored by younger and older explorers alike:
- Wide slide for the little ones
- Plenty of climbing opportunities
- Balancing arena made of natural wood
- Fireplace with barbecue area
- Sandpit with mud table
- Secured access to our small stream
- Nest swing
- Seating area for parents to watch and relax
Wide range of family-friendly activities in the region
The high-rope adventure park in Saalbach-Hinterglemm is great for all ages and offers:
- several different courses
- platforms 3-40m above ground
- total distance of 5km
The rope park is a test of balance, nerve and dexterity. It combines climbing, sliding and rope swings.
- 3 giant rope slides (up to 70 km/h up to 100m above the ground)
- 500-metre-long rope slide high above Saalach
Forgot something at home? Don't worry, we got you! The following children's equipment is available for you at The Resi:
- Buggies, pushchairs, back carriers
- Bottle warmer and bibs
- Baby pot, changing mat and nappy bucket in the room
- Baby monitor
- Puree service for baby food
Outoor activities in Saalbach-Hinterglemm
The Glemmtal-Zell region is home to several riding centres such as the Porsche Riding Centre in Zell am See and the Gut Brandlhof in Saalfelden.
They offer riding lessons and guided hacks in the beautiful Pinzgau region. We recommend booking lessons and hacks in advance.
Guests staying with us at The Resi are welcome to use the outdoor (sand) and indoor (carpet) tennis courts in Hinterglemm. Speak to a member of staff at reception to make a booking. There are also a number of experienced tennis instructors available if you would like to improve your technique.
Paragliding, rafting and canyoning
Outdoor adventurers will find lots to keep them busy in the Saalbach region. Extreme sports include:
- Paragliding (tandem flights)
- Rafting (wildwater)
- Canyoning (waterfalls)
- Traversing ravines
- Lots more great options
Swimming & watersports at the Zeller See lake
The crystal-clear Zeller See lake is located just 15km from The Resi. It is considered the cleanest lake in Austria and offers a wide range of watersports including:
- sailing & surfing
- kayaking & waterskiing
- lake cruises on the MS Schmittenhöhe
- Archery: 28 targets (replica animals), courses for different abilities lasting 2-3 hours for a family of four (Saalbach-Hinterglemm)
- Mini rollercoaster in Saalfelden or Kaprun (Biberg mountain)
- Open-air karting in Viehhofen
- Talk to a member of our team for more activities
Two-wheeled action in Saalbach-Hinterglemm
- World-class freeriding in Saalbach-Hinterglemm
- Top MTB schools
- Rental centres for touring, downhill and freeride bikes
- Interactive bike map (18 rides in the region)
In a football match, a table tennis battle or new tricks on the giant trampoline in the neighbouring Gartenhotel Theresia: nowhere do you make new (holiday) friends faster than in joint outdoor action!